StarLife Diaspora Insurance
This is a term funeral policy for Ghanaians living abroad. The purpose of this policy is to provide insured individuals with adequate cash to enable them organize befitting burial ceremonies for their loved ones living in Ghana. Diaspora Insurance seeks to lessen the financial burden on Ghanaians living abroad when they lose their loved ones back home.
The Diaspora Insurance business with StarLife is exclusively through our brokers, Anchor Premier Brokerage Ghana Limited. Premium payments can be made through UnityLink group of companies, banks, savings & loans accounts, Visa Master Card, Western Union, MoneyGram, Ezwich, directly into StarLife’s accounts, and other payments into the Insurance scheme.
DIASPORA PRODUCT FEATURES
- The Diaspora Funeral Insurance is an affordable life insurance policy for people living abroad.
- The policy pays out a lump sum should any of the assureds covered on the policy, die during the term of coverage.
- It does not provide surrender value or policy loan.
- The Policyholder may or may not be on cover. A minimum of two (2) family members and maximum of four (4) family members can be covered under the policy.
- For entry ages, policyholders, parents and extended family should at least be 18 years and not more than 74 years. Children should not be more than 23 years. However policy ceases at age 100.
- Upon death of the Principal Assured, the policy will remain in-force for all other Assureds on the policy until the Principal Assured attains 55 years if alive. This benefit only applies to Policyholders/Policy owners who signed unto the policy as Principal Assureds.
- This policy has six optional cover levels;
- The minimum premium is GH¢90.00
Find below an illustration with Sums Assured and their corresponding premiums:
|AGE BAND||SCOPE OF COVER||SUM ASSURED/BENEFIT (GH¢)||MONTHLY PREMIUM (GH¢)|
|Below 56 years||Death|
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Policyholder/Policy owner – A person living abroad who signed onto the policy.
Principal Assured – Policyholder who is covered by the policy.
Other Assureds – Individuals who are covered by the policy. E.g. the mother of the Principal Assured.
How do I purchase?
Click here to complete our Diaspora Insurance Form to:
- Receive acceptance mail
- Make payment
- Print/Save your policy document.
You can also contact us on +233501300009 or +233302739600
- The Company will pay legitimate claims promptly on receipt of the following but not by way of limitation:
- A valid Medical Certificate of Cause of Death or Death Certificate
- Evidence of relationship with Principal assured or policyholder
- A Police report in the case of accidental death
- Evidence of coverage